Monday, February 3, 2020

All About Tha D

There are times in this thing called life that we sometimes feel like just walking away from it all and just fading away into nothingness. Some people do just that. Just go away and hope like hell that no one finds them. Sometimes I think that explains why we have such a high homeless population...people with no sense of hope and nowhere else to turn.

There was a period in my life that I felt like this. My world had taken a deep dive and everything that I trusted and believed in was shaken and torn apart. That day I was truly an emotional  mess and I didn't care. It was then that I discovered the power of  THA D. It was a Tuesday as I recall and the day was rough. So very rough. All I wanted to do was be drunk, angry and small and I was doing a really great job of it. After maybe my 4th Seagram 7 and Sprite in he came. He was a beautiful brother with the look, style and swag of a Chris Brown before all of the foolishness. Though the bar was not empty he seemed to hone in on me and despite my being so very stand-offish and antisocial  he continued to try and get some type of smile out of me and eventually it worked. Was it the alcohol or just that this man was hot and into me ( he told me I was cute...ain't that some shit)? At this point I did not care. I just wanted to be sad, be held, be touched. be angry,  be killed , just be something other than myself.

After what seem like days in this man's presence, he asked me if I wanted to leave and chill at his place and I said yes. It was at this point that I really needed whatever he was offering and he was truly putting a whoooooooole lot out there. That night and many days after he truly showed me what Tha D was about.

Fast forward 10 years and this man is still in my life. This dude has seen me in my darkest and highest emotional points of that last ten years. To him I have been loving, thoughtful, affectionate and cruel. I know for a fact that this dude wanted to and should have punched me on many occasions. Yet here he is and here he continues to be and I do and always will love him.

THA D saved me...saved me in every way possible a person can save another. I owe him my life and my love for reasons that he and I know. THA D was/ is awesome.  Though a gentleman always navigates within the waters of discretion I can tell you this.  Demetrius D.F. despite how I sometimes act I am always here and always loving you.

No comments:

Post a Comment